The Inter-Lutheran Emergency Response Team (I-LERT) is a network based within the Lutheran community of Southern California. Currently serving Southern California, I-LERT serves as a central hub from which information and training on disaster preparedness is circulated, and through which resources can be directed to individuals, families, and churches in an emergency.
The members of I-LERT will equip Lutheran congregations and entities to prepare for and respond in the event of a disaster. We do this by:
- Cooperating and coordinating with other entities
- Communicate resources, training, and support
- Communicating across Lutheran congregations and entities in the event of a disaster so that resources and actions are not duplicated
- God’s Love - We demonstrate Christ's love and compassion for people by promoting hope, healing, and wholeness in preparing for and responding to disasters
- Equip - Raising awareness and providing resources to God’s people to be prepared for and respond in the event of a disaster
Stewardship - To act as good stewards of our combined resources to facilitate an effective, collective response
I-LERT is a collaborative ministry between the Pacifica and Southwest California Synods of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America, and the Pacific Southwest District of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
For more information about the districts and synods that make up I-LERT, please follow the links below.
1801 Park Court Place
Santa Ana, CA 92701
Southwest California Synod
1300 East Colorado Street
Glendale, CA 91205
Pacific Southwest District
1540 Concordia East
Irvine, CA 92612
Both the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America and the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod have individual disaster response branches, that are managed and deployed on a national scale. When responding to disasters in Southern California, both these organizations, LCMS World Relief and Human Care, and Lutheran Disaster Response (LDR), which is managed via Lutheran Social Services (LSS), funnel their resources and communication through I-LERT.